RECORD HIGH NUMBER OF CASES; FIRST COVID-19 RELATED DEATH IN SAINT VINCENT
Over the past 2 weeks, St. Vincent has seen a steady surge in the number of COVID-19 cases, majority of which are now community spread infection. Today, January 16th 2021, SVG recorded it’s first CODID-19 related death of a patient who was receiving treatment at the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital. The patient was a 49-years old female with multiple pre-existing conditions.
As of Friday, Jan 16th 2021, there are 339 active cases of COVID-19 in SVG. Several persons are currently being treated for symptomatic infection.
I urge everyone to always take the necessary precautions and continue to follow the protocols and recommended guidelines as issued by the Ministry of Health of SVG in line with CDC, PAHO and WHO.
UPDATED CAMPUS PROTOCOL
Please note the amendments to the existing COVID-19 Protocol for both the Arnos Vale and Belair Campuses in St. Vincent.
- The entry gates at the Belair Campus and the Arnos Vale Campus are to remain closed at all times.
- The Security Officer on duty will meet all persons (employees, students and visitors) (including drivers of vehicles) at the entry gate. (All persons entering must wear a face mask/face covering before entering)
- The Security Officer on duty will ensure that a temperature check is done (and to be recorded) of all persons wishing to enter the premises.
- The Security Officer on duty will record the name, address, telephone contact, time arrived, time left, person/department visited. Students and visitors must present their ID card to the security officer on duty. (This will facilitate contact tracing in case of a positive covid-19 result).
- In the absence of wash stations, the security officer on duty will sanitize the hands of persons entering the premises.
- Library users will sanitize their hands upon arrival in the Library and must wear a face mask/covering.
- Library users will be required to maintain physical distance at the Front Desk and also while using the Library.
Employees and students are required to take the following action when off campus:
- Always follow the advice of the authoritative sources (Ministry of Health, WHO, PAHO etc)
- Wear face mask/covering, wash/sanitize hands frequently, maintain physical distancing, avoid crowded areas.
- Limit where you visit when off duty.
Persons planning to travel to St. Vincent are encouraged to pay keen attention to the current situation and new developments when making travel plans.
What do I need to know when traveling?
Pre-Arrival travel form – ALL persons entering St. Vincent and the Grenadines are required to complete a pre-arrival travel form prior to arrival. The link of the pre-arrival form is given below.
All Persons must be aware of the Travel Protocols for Entry to St. Vincent and the Grenadines. It is important to note that there have been several changes to the quarantine period over the past couple of weeks. So, it is very important to check the current requirements for entry into the Country prior to traveling. These changes and stipulations are made by the Ministry of Health and Government of St. Vincent. The link for the complete Travel entry protocol is given below.
If you need assistance, please free to reach out to us via email or telephone prior to arriving on campus.
Admin Office Tel no. – +1784-458-4151
Office of Student Affairs
Dean of Student Affairs – Dr. Gomattie Chunilall – firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Coordinator – Mrs. Olivia Maloney – email@example.com
Office of Registrar
Assistant Registrar – Mr. Luis DeShong – firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin Assistant/Housing Coordinator – Ms. Vanique Richards – email@example.com