All Saints University College of Medicine makes the necessary arrangements for our students to do clinical clerkships at approved ACGME-accredited/teaching hospitals in the United States and Canada. Students may also choose to rotate at approved teaching hospitals in other countries of their choice upon prior arrangement with our clinical department. Upon successful completion of Basic Medical Sciences in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, students may elect to complete their core and elective clinical clerkships at any of our affiliated teaching or ACGME-accredited hospitals in the United States and Canada.
The requirements that such students must fulfill are outlined below.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CLINICAL CLERKSHIPS
- Successful completion of Basic Medical Science Curriculum and relevant University examinations is a requirement for clinical clerkship.
- Students are required to start clinical clerkships no later than 2 semesters (8 months) after completion of Basic Medical Sciences.
- A student who fails to commence clinical clerkships within 8 months of completion of Basic Medical Sciences is subject to a penalty in the amount of US $250 every subsequent month the clerkships are delayed.
- Students are advised to give the Administration or Clinical Department at least two weeks notice, informing the department of their intent to begin Clinical Clerkships and choice of clinical sites / hospitals. Are you ready to begin?
- Transfer students from accredited or recognized Medical Schools are welcome to apply for Clinical Rotations with All Saints University.
- Such students must demonstrate that they have successfully completed Basic Medical Sciences at their previous medical school and provide USMLE (step 1) result if available.
- In the absence of USMLE (step 1) result, a student may be allowed to commence clinical rotation upon demonstration of very high scholastic achievements by the student in other examinations deemed equivalent to USMLE step 1 or other forms of assessment by the admission committee.
INDEMNITY / MALPRACTICE INSURANCE
- All students are required to obtain malpractice insurance prior to commencement of their clinical rotations.
- All Saints University will assist students with information concerning insurance companies which provide this service.
- Please note that the cost of malpractice insurance is not included in the tuition fees.
- The cost usually is approximately US$ 1500 per year.
All Saints University students rotate in ACGME-approved teaching hospitals throughout the United States. Presently, both core and elective rotations are available in the following US States – Illinois, Missouri, Michigan, Georgia, Oklahoma & Indiana. Elective rotations can also be arranged in other states. Rotations can also be arranged in other countries such as Canada, the Caribbean etc.
The following is a partial list of ACGME-accredited / teaching hospitals in the United States where All Saints University students have completed their rotations or currently doing so. Our students also rotate at other approved affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States and Canada.
- St. Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Jackson Park Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- Norwegian American Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- Holy Cross, Sinai Health system, Chicago, Illinois
- Presence Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Swedish General Hospital
- Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Baptist Health Little Rock
- Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Richland WA
- McLaren Bay Regional Hospital, Bay City MI
- United Hospital Allina Health, St. Paul