Clinical Rotations Overview
Clinical Clerkship Admission Requirements
All Saints University makes the necessary arrangements for our students to do clinical clerkships at approved ACGME-accredited/teaching hospitals in the United States and United Kingdom. Students may also choose to rotate at approved teaching hospitals in other countries of their choice upon prior arrangement with our clinical department. Upon successful completion of Basic Medical Sciences in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, students may elect to complete their core and elective clinical clerkships at any of our affiliated teaching or ACGME-accredited hospitals in the United States.
The clinical clerkship phase consists of 7 semesters. 6 semesters are 12 weeks in length and the final semester is 8 weeks. For a total of 80 weeks.
CR I to CR IV: 48 Weeks Core Rotations
Students are in these semesters are required to complete 6 Core Clinical Rotations as follows:
- 6 Weeks – Family Medicine
- 12 Weeks – Internal Medicine
- 12 Weeks – General Surgery
- 6 Weeks – Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 6 Weeks – Pediatrics
- 6 Weeks – Psychiatry
CR V – CR VII: 32 Weeks Elective Rotations
Final year medical students are required to complete 32 weeks at minimum of elective clinical rotations in specialities of their choosing.
Requirements For Clinical clerkships
If you are a current active student at the university the following is required to begin registration for clinical rotations.
- Successful completion of the Basic Medical Sciences
- A passing grade on the NBME CBSE of 200 (or USMLE Step 1 if you are a transfer student from another medical school and previously completed this exam prior to admission into ASUSVG)
- Updated Immunization records
- Proof of Liability Insurance
- Good academic and financial standing with the University.
Students are advised to give the Clinical Department at least 4 weeks notice, informing the department of their intent to begin Clinical Clerkships and choice of clinical sites / hospitals.
The following is a partial list of ACGME-accredited / teaching hospitals in the United States where All Saints University students have completed their rotations or are currently rotating. Our students also rotate at other approved affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States, Canada and other jurisdictions.
Baptist Health Little Rock
- St. Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, Chicago
- Jackson Park Hospital, Chicago
- Norwegian American Hospital, Chicago
- Holy Cross, Sinai Health system, Chicago
- Presence Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center, Chicago
- Swedish General Hospital
Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne
McLaren Bay Regional Hospital, Bay City
United Hospital Allina Health, St. Paul
Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Richland
Ready to Begin?
Current ASU SVG Students:
Email the clinical department for further instructions regarding registration for your first rotation at email@example.com.
Please note that upon clearance of the above requirements students will need to complete the university’s rotation registration process prior to every rotation. Each clinical site will also have specific documentation that must be filed with the university before a student is cleared to start the rotation.
Transfer students from accredited or recognized Medical Schools are welcome to apply for Clinical Rotations with All Saints University.
Transfer Student Admission Requirements:
- Previous secondary school transcript
- Previous university transcripts, if available
- Medical school transcript demonstrating successful completion of Basic Medical Sciences
- 1 Page Type Personal Essay on the topic “What I Want to be a Doctor”
- 1 – 2 Recommendation letters from professors or teachers
- Copy of your passport bio page or government issued photo ID
- Students are encouraged to provide USMLE Step 1 or NBME CBSE results, if available (review requirements to start rotations above)
To see if you qualify to apply to the clinical clerkship phase of our program please email our Admissions Department for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org