Students are required to start clinical clerkships no later than 2 semesters (8 months) after completion of Basic Medical Sciences. A student who fails to commence clinical clerkships within 8 months of completion of Basic Medical Sciences is subject to a penalty in the amount of US $250 every subsequent month the clerkships are delayed. Students are advised to give the Administration or Clinical Department at least two weeks notice, informing the department of their intent to begin Clinical Clerkships and choice of clinical sites / hospitals.
Below are requirements for starting your clinical clerkship:
- Successful completion of Basic Medical Science Curriculum and relevant University examinations is a requirement for clinical clerkship.
- Identifying documentation submitted to the Clinical Department (i.e., Drivers License, Passport, and other documents, as may be requested)
- Proof of Visa status
- Police background check
- HIPAA Training certification
- Proof of 2 MMR vaccinations or positive titer / immunity to Mumps, Rubella, Measels
- Proof of immunity to Varicella via titer, 2 immunization or history or diseases documented by a healthcare provider
- Negative PPD test within the last year or chest x-ray within last 2 years, if PPD is positive
- Yearly flu shot
- 3 series of Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Malpractice insurance
- Personal health insurance
- Current CPR certification
- 10 Panel drug screen