REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION
To be eligible for an award of the MD degree students must complete ALL of the following graduation requirements of All Saints University. These include:
- Successful completion of 5 semesters of Basic Medical Sciences.
- Successful completion of 72 weeks of approved clinical clerkships/ rotations at affiliated or approved teaching hospitals.
- Successful completion of National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) administered Basic Science and Clinical Science Exit Examination;
- Successful completion of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE). In lieu of the USMLE a student may complete the MCCEE conducted by the Medical Council of Canada. Please note: Students must score 75 or higher on the NBME-administered CBSE or CCSE to be eligible to register for Medical Licensing Examinations. Students who fail to meet the minimum passing score shall be required to retake the NBME-administered CBSE or CCSE at the next available opportunity.
In exceptional circumstances, a student may be permitted to skip any of the above mentioned examinations ( USMLE/MCCEE) provided he/she completes comparable examinations by a national examination body of the country where the student intends to practice. This will be treated on a case by case basis at the sole discretion of the University.
- A student must be in good standing. He/she must receive clearance from the different departments of the University including the student accounts department, the registry, laboratories and the library. He/she must also be of good conduct and character.
WHITE COAT CEREMONY
Students who complete the academic components in St. Vincent attend a White Coat ceremony prior to clinical clerkship. They are presented with an All Saints University white coat before they embark on their clinical journey.
Students who have completed the entire MD Program successfully and meet all of the graduation requirements attend a convocation ceremony to celebrate their achievement and receive their MD Degree.